Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life in 2011: The Stewart Family Detectives.

As I sit here to write this post, I'm feeling a little guilty. I know, I know. It's been a long time. Like unacceptably long. But the truth is the month of February was spent learning, growing, and spending some quality time with family and friends. I thought that it would be a good idea to give a little re-cap of what I've been up to this past month, and then we can move forward with some fun things coming up in the weeks to come!
This year for Christmas my family decided that the gift of quality time was more important than physical gifts. So we went on a day trip to Long Beach together and of course I couldn't resist bringing my camera along with me! We had a blast running around the Harbor, taking photos, eating ice cream and just enjoying each other.

Photobucket

I loved this area! All of the colored walls and fun textures.. I would love to shoot an engagement shoot here!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom and Dad enjoying some ice cream!

Photobucket

Love my Bubba! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have fun, and LOTS of it!

Photobucket

Bubba loves old cars, and I loved this shot!

Photobucket

Some artsy shots. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To end the day, we went on a Murder Mystery Dinner Cruise on the S.S. Grand Romance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of the highlights of the dinner are showcased here. The lady in the top left corner was seated at our table, alone. The first thing Parkar says to her when she sits down? YOU'RE GONNA DIE. {Yeah, Parkar.. a hello would have been appropriate!} The funniest thing was our suspicion was right! And she was a part of the show! {My siblings were said to have been the most nosy of all the people to ever go on the show, they actually followed her below deck! {This was slightly frowned upon...} :P

The two fellas next to her are the hosts of the show, they motioned to me that they wanted me to take their photo through the window, and when I pulled my camera out from under my seat, they busted up laughing and made jokes about my car-camera all night. Underneath our friends is my dad singing in front of an entire boat of people, and a few of the clues from the murder!

Photobucket

When I went home that night I felt so blessed to have been able to spend that short amount of quality time with my family. We are all getting older and busier with school, jobs and life. But I've realized it's important to always keep the main thing the main thing. Don't ever forget to take some time from the craziness to give some love to those around you.

I was going to keep this post going with a few other events, but I've realized this post has already become quite long, so to spare you, I'll be posting a few more catch up posts in the next week. You won't want to miss a pirate themed par-tay,  {YEAH, you're jealous!} and WPPI 2011!

Be Blessed & Be Thankful!
Ty

2 comments:

  1. blessed and thankful... : )
    love you Ty! hope you have a fantastic shoot today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you guys! What a fun night at that dinner cruise.

    ReplyDelete