Friday, May 20, 2011

Young Love.

Last night I went to the movies with a few awesome girlfriends, and we saw the movie Something Borrowed.  I was a little skeptical of it to start out, because I knew pretty much what the story line was about.. One girl stealing her best friends fiancée... no matter how you justified it, I couldn't see there being a happy ending. But I had heard a bunch of good reviews about it, so I went and tried to have an open mind. But no such luck. :) I just had a terrible time thinking the movie ended well at all... The underdog gets the guy, yes, but she loses her very best friend in the process. And everyone was hurting. I mean yes they are smiling and holding hands in the end, but there has to be so much damage lying underneath those smiles. I left wishing for a more "disney" love story I suppose. You know, the good sweet girl gets the honorable guy who is madly in love with her? Where are all the princes these days?? :)

But anyways.. As I was thinking about the beauty of simple love, I came across these photos I took of my sis and her boyfriend. Life in High School, simple love. It's sweet, innocent, and exciting. So I felt it was appropriate with my mood to post these sweet photos of two kids who love eachother and are excited to see where their lives lead. On the verge of entering the real world, there's a sweet spot of time without huge responsibility... That summer feeling we all wish wouldn't end. The point of this scatterbrained rant is that we should all try to Keep It Simple. Love without abandon, and appreciate the people given to us.

Hope you enjoy these photos. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always love some chippy white paint!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was thinking about this photo all day before I took it. Yeah, I like it. Okay, love it. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cuties!

Photobucket

When I saw this I literally gasped. MODELS??? Whaaaa? {I was also a little mad, because my sister OBVIOUSLY took all of the photogenic gene's for herself..!}
Favorite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Be Blessed & Be Thankful!

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the movie! I hate how Hollywood glamorizes adultery and lust. They justify it because "they love each other" and "they were meant to be together." Ugh! Not to mention, who would choose that guy over John Krasinski?? Haha. Anyway, after reading Something Borrowed, I decided that I probably would never find the Happily Ever After I am looking for in books or movies, unless I write them myself ;)

    Fantastic photos, by the way. I love the busted up house! I went to George Airforce base one time to check it out as a potential portrait location... I loved it but the signs about it being a government property and having asbestos kind of scared me! I think I may just have to go for it because these pics look amazing! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ty, great photos! That time period in everyone's life is so sweet...what a neat thing that your sis will always have these pictures to look back on! And I couldn't agree more with you to KEEP THINGS SIMPLE! Life is more beautiful without clouding it with complicated things...rant anytime you want :) I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! :) thanks for the reminder...

    beautiful pictures! dang.. parks all grown up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh!!! So cute so cute! Great job Ty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. So much different than the ones posted before (not in a bad way!). The first photo is stunning- I love it. What good looking siblings I have!

    ReplyDelete