Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday & Earth Day: A personal post.

An interesting mix, don't you think? I was thinking about these two days this morning as I was editing and came up with a few thoughts I felt were interesting enough to write down {to me at least! haha}. So for your reading enjoyment: My Rambling.

Earth Day is a day when people are supposed to show the Earth a little extra love. Plant a tree, pick up trash.. That sort of thing. But this year Earth day falls on the same day as Good Friday. The day when Jesus poured love and redemption all over the Earth by being crucified for our sins. He died so that we could all have the chance to go spend forever with Him in Heaven. How much more love could the earth receive?

So this year rather than focusing on the physical aspect of Earth Day, I'm a little more focused on the relational aspect. Instead of showing the ground a little more love, how about the people around us? Today, Jesus died for every single one of us. And so maybe we could all make a sacrifice or two for our neighbors. Show those around us that we love them, {even those undeserving of it} because He loved us, even though WE were undeserving.

Be Blessed & Be Thankful!

Hmmm... photo for thought. I shot this photo during a recent Senior Session that I am so excited to be posting tomorrow! :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I was thinking the same thing today too! Earth day may just be another way to push Christ out of our calender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i remember thisssssss!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm.... Thank you for posting your perspective on the importance of today. In my busyness, I hadn't even connected Earth day and Good Friday. You did, beautifully. I love the parallel. Will share!

    ReplyDelete